Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Projecto Numero Dos...

Ok, so you might be saying "WTF-why is this guy starting on his 'second' project before completing (or, hell, let's be honest, really STARTING) his first project?"...well, the answer is two-fold:

I was inspired to do this project, because of its complexity and all the interesting things that might go...well, not wrong, but...sideways.

I got an opportunity to get my starting materials...inexpensively. Ok...cheap as hell.

What the basic gist of this is, is that I've purchased an HP Compaq TC-1000 Tablet PC and I'm planning to a) install Ubuntu on it (which has, shall we say, not the best Tablet PC support, though I've found helpful things for on-screen keyboards, screen rotation, and pen support, links to follow in later posts...probably) and b) mod the hell out of the case (I really don't like the whole grey-box-with-random-logos-and-stupid-stylings thing...I prefer a blacker/shinier/sleeker style, with as few buttons/protrusions as possible...maybe that's why I've been a Mac guy for years...well, one of the reasons). I plan on using lacquered carbon fiber for the body, with probably the same material for the face (if I can figure out the best way to install it, that is).

The bright side of all this is that I might (time/money permitting) have TWO projects to work on at the same time, and be able to take time off from one when it's bothering me and work on the other and that you, dear reader, will have two things to occupy your (otherwise obviously wasted) attention...

No comments: